Piccsy (http://www.piccsy.com) is a Toronto based start-up looking for an exceptional developer to play a key role in revolutionizing how people interact with images online.
Piccsy is an invite-only image discovery/sharing community. We currently reach over 3,000,000 visitors and 25,000,000 pageviews per month.
We will be officialy (re)launching in February 2012 and are looking for a full-time engineer to help grow/lead our team in building an amazing product and scaling our userbase and audience.
– Consumer facing, passionate community, consistent growth. Be a part of something big.
– Smart team, competitive compensation, technically challenging.
– Equity in a growing company.
The ideal candidate is an experienced developer/leader who is self-motivated, dedicated, entrepenuerial, multi-faceted, and interested in helping to shape the direction of a growing product and community over the next few years.
– Contributing to a culture of innovation and teamwork to push the boundaries of how people interact with images online.
– Striving for excellence in the definition, implementation, documentation, and testing of Piccsy.
– Taking ideas from concept to design, development, deployment, and testing.
– Participating in the product development process.
– As a key early employee, you’ll help shape the company culture.
Skills you’ll need to succeed in this role
– Unix: Ops shouldn’t scare you. Ideally, you’ve done some sysadmin work in the past, and enjoyed it – at least somewhat.
– Analytical, thorough, resourceful, and detail-oriented working: you get to the bottom of things where others sweep them under the rug.
– Strong interpersonal skills: You’re a key member of the team! Interpersonal skills are a major key to your success making Piccsy awesome.
– PHP5 / OOP / MySQL / Sphinx / Redis / AJAX / Varnish: Great programmers like you can learn anything. This is the stuff that we’re using.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refer a candidate who we hire/retain and receive $3500.